Requisition ID # 97048
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Ramon
Engineering and Design DevOps team under Gas & Electric Business Technology group is responsible for application development and support of many business-critical applications. This team is involved in day to day support of operations in addition to enhancing the applications as well. We also get involved in projects and create new applications as needed by the business. These applications are used by many lines of businesses internally and some of the applications are for external clients too.
- The successful candidate will be involved in hands-on application development and enhancements. Also, will help with the day to day support activities to the business users.
- Will be an IT SME for various applications and work with the project teams.
- Coordinate the product/project releases and actively participate in the Disaster Recovery exercises to make sure the systems are reliable.
- Application development, and support.
- Serves as key technical resource with areas of specialization.
- Handles complex Assignments which come with associated risks with high visibility.
- Responsible for diagnosing and correcting complex production issues.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience and/or field of study
- Minimum 2 years of programming support and analysis experience
- Proven knowledge with programming principals to enhance system performance
- Experienced in programming languages/platforms like Java, J2EE and Angular – optional: VB6, .NET, C#
- Experienced in database design, development (PLSQL), reporting – optional: integrations (SSIS, SSRS)
- Advanced Degree
- Proven knowledge with programming support principals to enhance and maintain system performance
- Expert understanding of troubleshooting, diagnosing, and maintaining applications
- Multiple programming languages experience with a passion for coding
- Keeps up with programming trends
- Provides and documents resource estimates in response to business service requests
- Generates deployment and disaster recovery plans
- Ability to enhance the end-user experience
- Resolves application programming problems of complex scope through cross-functional team participation
- Solid understanding of PG&E Production methodology and compliance processes and impact to client projects.
- Ability to create complex test beds, creates test scenarios, create regression tests, document and assess software reliability