Project Manager-ESC, Gas Transmission-Station/Valve Workstream (San Ramon)Apply Date posted 08/01/2020
Requisition ID # 60466
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The Gas Transmission Project Management Department is a team of professionals working throughout the service territory to manage a portfolio of capital projects for the Gas Transmission assets. We are responsible for the execution of projects from start to finish.
Project Management ensures projects are managed safely and efficiently, with clear objectives, proper authorizations, within company policies and procedures, and with assigned resources to meet scope, schedule, cost and quality commitments. Throughout the project life cycle we maintain clear communications to all stakeholders up to and including appropriate Officers.
This is a career or journey level project management position that requires mastery of the Associate level Project Manager skills and duties and is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects. This position has overall project management responsibility and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Uses independent judgment in applying Project Management fundamentals, working with minimal supervision. Interacts with senior internal and external contacts. External contacts include overseeing contractors and providing information to or exchanging information with third parties (e.g. Government, regulatory, or community groups.). Will contribute toward Gas Safety Excellence goals by improving safety, reliability and affordability for one or more asset families and one or more life cycles.
This classification is represented by Engineers & Scientists of California (ESC) currently subject to collective bargaining.
• Perform the job duties of a journey-level Project Manager in accordance with ESC job description
• Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team
• Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and resolution of problems
• Oversee and administrates low risk EPC contracts per project type table in accordance with ESC Work Oversight Committee
• Represents PG&E to government agencies as required for assigned projects
• Working with PG&E's scheduling team, develop and maintain P6 Schedules
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience
• Plus 3 years’ experience in project management, project controls, engineering, and/or construction if internal PG&E employee or 4 years if outside hire
• Current or previous PG&E gas transmission project management experience
• Knowledge and experience with gas transmission projects
• Knowledge and experience in working with P6 Scheduling
• Uses independent judgment in selecting and applying Project Management methods and techniques to determine cost-effective and practical solutions
• Fluent in the use of PM tools and current company tools, such as SAP Financials and Work Management modules