Project Manager, Senior Consulting-ESC (San Ramon)Apply Date posted 08/01/2020
Requisition ID # 55421
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Reservoir Engineering is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Reservoir Engineering is responsible for monitoring the integrity and condition of PG&E's natural gas storage wells and reservoirs.
This classification (position) is represented by Engineers and Scientist of California (ESC) subject to collective bargaining.
This position provides expert-level project management and leadership of diverse teams for Project Management's largest projects. These projects impact Business Unit financial performance, success, and strategic objectives. Projects typically are multi-year, exceed $10 million, require significant risk management, are highly complex, and may include formal Partnering agreements with other firms.
Under general direction, responsible for all aspects of the development and
implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and resolution of problems.
- Oversees and administrates low risk EPC contracts per project type table in accordance with ESC Work Oversight Committee.
- Represents PG&E to government agencies as required for assigned projects.
- Provides guidance to Associate Project Managers who are assigned Journey Level Projects for developmental purposes in accordance with the Associate Project Manager Job Description.
- Determines that project objectives are achievable.
- Provides guidance to engineering on producing complex risk and alternative analyses, studies and conceptual designs for presentation to project sponsor.
- Oversees and administrates EPC contracts in accordance with ESC Work Oversight Committee.
- Negotiates third party contracts, in support of other departments when appropriate.
- Develops and champions company-wide best practices.
- Makes presentations to PG&E Officers as appropriate.
- Arbitrates and resolves conflicts within the project.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced project managers.
- Establishes unit cost and monitors progress/accomplishment
- Identifies and implements non-traditional processes to implement the project that reduce cost and/or schedule.
- Communicates regularly with PG&E Officers, managers, critical project partners and high-level public sector contacts
- Mentors and provides guidance to less tenured project managers
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education
- 13 years’ experience in project management, project controls, engineering and/or construction if PG&E/14 years if outside hire.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and maintenance
- Background with Natural Gas Storage or Production
- Understanding of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) system
- Proven background with executing projects with high pressure gas assets
- Familiarity with Drill/ Workover Rig used on storage assets
- Proven advanced project management skills.
- Able to develop complex schedules with multiple dependencies.
- Understanding of integrated cost and schedule management.
- Strategic and business acumen skills.
- Superior ability to interface with and across supporting organizations and conduct formal presentations to officers.
- Ability to mentor other PMs.