Quality & Improvement SpecialistI'm Interested Date posted 10/10/2020
Requisition ID # 65664
Job Category : Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Applied Technology Services (ATS) is an internal service organization that provides high quality technical services and expertise on an as-needed basis to all lines of business at Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E). Based at PG&E’s San Ramon Technology Center, ATS is a multi-disciplinary team of approximately 120 engineers and technical personnel who perform work in the ATS San Ramon offices and laboratories, and in the field.
The Quality & Improvement (Q&I) team administers the ATS Quality Assurance (QA) program, which governs all ATS technical investigations, tests, analyses, examinations, calibration services, technical procedures, engineering, and other technical services that are performed.
The ATS Quality & Improvement Specialist provides support to ensure that all requirements and applicable industry standards are observed before the final product reaches the internal clients that ATS serves. This position is responsible for supporting the implementation of inspection activities, detection of problem areas, implementation of corrective actions, performing audits, metrics reporting, and facilitating internal controls development. . The ATS Quality & Improvement Specialist collaborates with ATS personnel to ensure compliance through project and process management, training and education, and advice and counsel. Monitors developments in changes to regulatory requirements and works to ensure our clients and regulatory agencies are confident in PG&E's integrity and commitment to excellence. In addition, this position supports ATS records and interfaces with the DCPP Records Management System.
- Independently reviews and interprets nuclear regulatory requirements for records. Reviews nuclear documentation and makes final determinations regarding compliance with requirements for records.
- Counsels and advises leaders regarding regulatory requirements for the processing, filing and retrieving of ATS records that are required to be retained in the Diablo Canyon Power Plant (DCPP) Records Management System (RMS).
- Maintains proficiency in RMS requirements and advises ATS personnel on RMS-related matters. Leads communications with DCPP RMS personnel.
- Independently reviews quality program records for procedure compliance and counsels ATS Leadership Team members and ATS employees on proper development and completion of quality program records.
- Partners with others in quality assurance program development and process improvements.
- Supports development and implementation of ATS procedures and policies.
- With some direction from the ATS Management Team, develops and maintains a secure location for ATS quality program records.
- Leads and participates in internal audits of ATS operations.
- Supports quality control activities associated with ATS quality documentation.
- Supports the advisory role in specific quality areas, including records, procedures, training, etc.
- Recommends metrics needed for effective assessment of quality assurance program performance. Determines and develops methods for compiling data. Prepares and analyzes quality data or information from ATS Self-Assessment Program, Supervisory Observation Program, Audit Program, and the Corrective Action Program. Looks for trends in the data and makes recommendations for program/process improvements.
- Ensures that results of management oversight programs (Self-Assessment, Supervisory Observations, etc.) are appropriately entered into the corrective action program.
- Supports training and communications on quality program activities. Independently develops training content for certain quality program areas and delivers ad hoc/informal training to peers and leaders on same topics.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Job-related experience, 3 years
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience conducting audits
- 2 years of experience with records management
- Experience with quality control methods and practices
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, 17025, or 55000 Standards
- Familiarity with nuclear power plant quality requirements and regulations
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively communicate program nonconformances to department personnel