Senior Business Analyst- Flexible Location
Requisition ID # 148195
Job Category: Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: San Ramon; Alameda; Alta; American Canyon; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakland; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E’s gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration, and emergency response.
Business Analysts are responsible for research, data analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting in support of business decision making, business strategy and business operations. May also be involved in business process improvement, quality control and special projects and other initiatives.
Responsibilities typically include many or all of the following:
• Data Analysis: Compiles and analyzes data. May develop and/or maintain data models for what-if analysis and for other business purposes.
• Metrics and Reporting: Develops and tracks business metrics. Develops and maintains standard, custom and ad-hoc reports.
• Budgeting & Forecasting: Develops or works with budgets and forecasts.
• Research: Researches best practices; develops internal and external benchmarks in support of business decisions.
• Quality Assurance & Business Process Improvement: May perform quality assurance and business process improvement activities in support of the business. Activities may include developing, managing or coordinating performance or quality assessment, business process re-engineering, change management, communication and training.
• Project Management: Lead projects, determining scope, budget, timeframes, forming teams, assigning tasks, managing resources and issues.
Location is flexible within the PG&E Service Territory, please note hiring leader will make final decision of what are appropriate headquarters for the role based on business need.
Position will require up to approximately 5% of travel time in work schedule with occasional overnight stays.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
This is a hybrid position and works from home ~90% of the time.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum:$95,000
Bay Area Maximum:$143,000
This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 4 years of related work experience
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Desired)
- Broad knowledge of different analytical methods, approaches and tactics
- Advanced understanding of fundamental analysis and what-if modeling concepts, methods and techniques and analysis of how different factors affect business outcomes
- Creative problem skills to develop solutions
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to justify any business changes
- Strong presentation and communication skills to deliver findings and recommendations to various levels of management
- Knowledge and understanding of key drivers affecting business results
- Strong project management knowledge and skills to lead project teams
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio or similar software
• Performs analysis on complex data models requiring customized reports and data.
• Develops new or revises existing data analysis to predict business outcomes selecting from various complex variables.
• Develops and uses metrics to develop recommendations related to business strategy and operations. Presents findings and recommendations to leaders.
• Manages small to mid-size projects.