Senior, Business System Specialist (Flexible location)
Requisition ID # 145355
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: San Ramon; Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakland; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
The Business System Specialist (BSS) functions as a liaison to Information Technology from the line of business, representing the end users and business process owners in business system requirements, implementations, and support. The incumbent understands user needs as well as business procedures, processes, and systems for the corresponding department. The incumbent typically defines user system requirements, provides user support, coordinates user acceptance testing of new tools and consults with the users on new technologies & features that may contribute to business process efficiencies. The incumbent may also perform feasibility analysis, develop project scope, and provide recommendations on alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization. The incumbent prepares and delivers business users’ system needs to Information Technology and represents user needs in the development of functional specifications.
This position offers a flexible work location within the PG&E service territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $102,000
Bay Area Maximum: $152,000
California Minimum: $97,000
California Maximum: $144,000
This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
- Provide consulting in business and user needs.
- Handle moderate to complex user issues that arise with supported systems and tools. Address most calls independently; escalate the more complex problems to senior peers.
- Analyze end-to-end, moderate to high complexity business processes in one or more business functional areas.
- Understand the current and future business environment of the organization and effectively anticipate, identify, and meet the business needs.
- Identify, propose, and influence solutions to moderate-to-complex business problems.
- Anticipate concerns and questions and provide timely and professional communications.
- Actively contribute to teams that define, review, and approve requirements for the business needs solution.
- Contribute to business case development.
- May write manuals, Requests for Change, procedures.
- Participate in UATs and perform quality reviews of test results.
- Participate in project estimates.
- May provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced employees.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
- 4 years of job-related experience in Business, IT or Engineering fields.
- Participation in projects of medium to high complexity.
- 5+ years of job-related experience in Business Analysis, which may include or be in addition to 5+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- Working experience with the corresponding Line of Business.
- Extensive participation in projects of high complexity.
- Leadership role in projects of medium complexity.