Senior Business System Specialist
Requisition ID # 101665
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Ethics & Compliance
Job Location : San Ramon
The Enterprise Records and Information Management (ERIM) organization is an enterprise-wide program advancing the records and information management program maturity of the Lines of Business (LOB) through implementation of compliant, efficient, and systematic controls for the creation, receipt, maintenance, use, and disposition of records.
The ERIM Business Analyst/System Specialist group is primarily responsible for developing business requirements, business process mapping and design. This group represents the lines of business in technology projects and provides subject matter expertise for records and information management functionality and systems.
The Business System Specialist (BSS) functions as a liaison to Information Technology from the line of business, representing the end users and business process owners in business system requirements, implementations and support. The incumbent understands user needs as well as business procedures, processes and systems for the corresponding department. The incumbent typically defines user system requirements, provides user support, coordinates user acceptance testing of new tools and consults with the users on new technologies & features that may contribute to business process efficiencies. The incumbent may also perform feasibility analysis, develop project scope, and provide recommendations on alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization. The incumbent prepares and delivers business users’ system needs to Information Technology and represents user needs in the development of functional specifications.
- Provide consulting in business and user needs.
- Handle moderate to complex user issues that arise with supported systems and tools. Address most calls independently; escalate the more complex problems to senior peers.
- Analyze end-to-end, moderate to high complexity business processes in one or more business functional areas.
- Understand the current and future business environment of the organization and effectively anticipate, identify and meet the business needs.
- Identify, propose and influence solutions to moderate-to-complex business problems.
- Anticipate concerns and questions, and provide timely and professional communications.
- Actively contribute to teams that define, review and approve requirements for the business needs solution.
- Contribute to business case development.
- May write manuals, Requests for Change, procedures.
- Participate in UATs and perform quality reviews of test results.
- Participate in project estimates.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
- 4 years of job related experience in Business, IT or Engineering fields.
- Very knowledgeable about the business requirements process.
- Detail oriented, analytical, good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the utility business and several functional areas of the related Line of Business.
- Ability to work with different teams across disciplines and levels.
- Good analytical decision making skills.
- Proven customer facing skills and the ability to effectively communicate at both a high-level and a detailed technical level
- Knowledge of systems and tools for paper and electronic records such as Documentum, SharePoint and other structured and unstructured Records repositories.
- Experience managing information in MS O365 (Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and Yammer)
- Knowledge of RIM compliance and audit governance
- Presentation skills: ability to deliver technical training
- Excellent analytical skills, problem-solving skills, process design and improvement skills
- Change management skills
- Involvement in ARMA, AIIM or other related record organizations
- Strong understanding of ARMA International’s Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles (GARP) and their relevant RIM industry guidelines.
- Participation in projects of medium to high complexity.
- Continuous education in IT and business specific areas.