Senior Cybersecurity Solution Analyst
Requisition ID # 135124
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location: Oakland; Livermore; Sacramento; San Ramon; Santa Rosa; Vacaville
The Cybersecurity team enables PG&E to achieve its mission by providing governance, oversight, and support of operational resiliency and asset safeguards in a relevant, timely and data-driven manner. Working together with IT, we review the current cyber threat landscape and lend our expertise to help the company understand its security posture and act on the highest priority risks.
The Cybersecurity team takes a proactive approach to security by focusing on the cyber risks PG&E faces. Our methodology and framework synthesize current legal, regulatory, and operating mandates with PG&E’s business goals and operations. By taking this information and focusing on the cyber risks unique to individual Lines of Business (LOB), Cybersecurity helps PG&E’s LOBs make informed decisions about where to invest their resources.
We are seeking an innovative individual for the Third-Party Security Team. The successful candidate will join a team of Cyber Security analysts to address the increasing cyber risks in supply chain with the focus on meeting third party security requirements. As Senior Solution Analyst, the professional will demonstrate technical and analytical expertise in Third Party risk assessments, remediations, tool improvements, audit of security/privacy controls, and apply sound judgement to security and compliance in the ever-expanding cyber landscape. The Senior Solution Analyst builds and maintains relationships with Business Unit partners to understand business requirements, issues resolution, and sustained overall customer satisfaction.
The role is classified as hybrid, working primarily from your home office with occasional visits to the Oakland General Office as business needs require.
- Establish and implement strategic communication and messaging plans and ensures alignment and consistency with PG&E branding principles, strategies, and guidelines
- Develop consulting practice documentation, identifies, and recommends process improvement, and provides guidance to other team members
- Design of technology solutions supporting business requirements on projects
- Drive security reviews, identifies gaps in security architecture and designs and recommends necessary security controls to be integrated within the development lifecycle
- Actively engage with the IT methodology team to recommend and deploy process improvements to ensure that security requirements are incorporated in all technology projects
- Actively recommend engineering solutions in collaboration with Cybersecurity Architects and product owners to remediate inherent cyber security risks
- Lead implementation of process improvements and efficiencies
- Provide peer review and support for organizational deliverables
- Facilitate / coordinate Cybersecurity activities associated with 3rd party and vendor work efforts
What You Will Get
- The opportunity to contribute to a best-in-class security organization for the country’s largest combined gas and electric utility.
- Extreme management support for your development and your day-to-day success
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing team
- Best in class perks and benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of combined IT, critical infrastructure, intelligence, and/or cyber/information security work experience
- Utility industry experience
- Experience in IT-Information Technology security, multi-platform, or related
- Experience in Operational Technology security