Senior, Electric Contract Specialist (Flexible Location)I'm Interested Date posted 10/17/2020
Requisition ID # 69206
Job Category : Legal
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service
to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution
and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset
management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Senior Electric Contract Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the PG&E/Supplier Contractual relationship for Service Contracts within Electric Operations Contract Management organization. This responsibility may include the procurement of vegetation services, inspection services, civil and electrical transmission line/substation construction services, engineering services, and professional services. Incumbents will work closely with key Electric Operations departments and functions including project managers, construction managers, engineering, law, sourcing and others, ensuring contract provisions are managed and applied appropriately per all applicable contractual obligations, and PG&E policies and procedures during the negotiation of new or amended contracts, vendor selection and Contract life cycle.
This position offers a flexible work location within the PG&E service territory.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 4 years of job-related experience in construction, utilities, project, or procurement
- Proficient in computer software to complete calculations and presentations: Microsoft Outlook,
- Excel, Access, Word, PP, etc.
- Masters Degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or related discipline
- One or more certifications: CPP, PMI, PMP, SPSM, CCMP
- ARIBA, SAP, Unifier, ProjectWise, Power BI, AO Excel
- Electric Utility Experience
- Knowledge and experience of managing complex contract(s) and contract negotiations
- Knowledge in IVM (Integrated Vegetation Mgmt.)
- Knowledge in Construction details and specifications.
- Knowledge in Electrical, Civil, Tower, and/or T-Line Construction.
- Knowledge of vegetation management, arborist activities, forestry regulations
- Knowledge of CPUC requirements for Electric Utilities
- Ability to present findings and recommendations to functional management.
- Ability to lead process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to lead a project team.
- Familiar with PG&E Contractor Safety Program, General Contracting Requirements, and Union Requirements.
- Ability to work and interact with diverse groups of people including both internal and external parties.
- Ability to gather assimilate information through the spoken word using language that is appropriate to both the complexity of the topic and the knowledge and understanding of the audience.
- Manage multiple complex contracts through the Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) Process
- Review and prepare Contracts and management of Change Orders throughout the Contract Lifecycle.
- Recognize competitive bid opportunities to initiate negotiations for best pricing results.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers to establish contract terms, mitigate risk, and reduce cost.
- Develop and maintain working relationships, contacts, and networks across multiple lines of business (LOB); achieve cooperation from others to achieve a goal.
- Manage Vendor/Supplier relationships to continually improve quality, service, and cost.
- Lead contracting projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Interpreting Master Service Agreements (MSA) to allow for the proper execution of Contract Work Authorization (CWA).
- Reporting (PO value to accrual PO/owner); CLM timing