Senior Electric Standards and Strategy Engineer (ESC), Substation Asset Implementation - San Ramon
Requisition ID # 89122
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The Electric Operations team ensures the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
This position is represented by the Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) subject to collective bargaining.
The Senior level engineer job requires mastery of the Journey level engineer skills and duties. This position is responsible for providing strategy, engineering, operations, maintenance, and other technical implementation support for the transmission, substation, distribution, and transmission and distribution line SCADA/Automation systems. This position handles complex problems and issues.
Substation Asset Implementation
- Lead development, implementation, and management of a complete asset life cycle and system reliability strategies, plans, and programs including asset installation, maintenance, operations, replacement, and removal.
- Address and manage emergency issues associated with assigned assets.
- Support, perform or lead, as assigned, root cause analysis.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in area of field and applies extensive knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices. Develop and provide specialized training on assets within areas of expertise.
- Provide technical expertise and lead in implementation of complex and large-scale projects.
- Provide support on regulatory, governmental and other third-party issues.
Common To All
- Ensures strategic plans and programs are in place to accomplish ongoing performance improvement of overall electric systems for public and employee safety, and system reliability.
- Ensures cost-effective implementation of projects while optimizing capital investments.
- Solves problems by developing and utilizing engineering design and technical solution.
- Support preparation of documents for external regulatory, governmental, orthird-party agencies, including proceedings.
- Provide emergency and operational support.
- Manage the Capitalized Emergency Materials (CEM) and mobile fleet.
- Provide leadership, direction, and assistance to project team.
- Resolves problems of complex scope. Assignments may require complex solutions.
- Works independently with limited feedback from other engineers and management.
- Demonstrates well-developed technical skills and communication skills.
- Effectively completes multiple projects concurrently.
- Communicate and collaborate with M&C personnel.
- Provide guidance to peers and lower level engineers.
- Work sometimes requires direction from more senior engineers and management.
- Works with internal and external personnel. External contacts include vendors, PG&E contractors, customers and regulatory agencies. May include other governmental contacts as assigned
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited curriculum in the US or the equivalent from outside the US
- Meets specific technical requirements gained through a minimum of eight years of cumulative experience in electrical engineering, planning and/or operations
- Current and active California PE license
- Experience in transmission planning