Senior, Electrical Engineer - ATS
Requisition ID # 135383
Job Category: Engineering / Science
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Engineering
Job Location: San Ramon
This position is for a Senior, Electrical Engineer that performs electrical testing and engineering analysis in the field and at ATS labs. Work duties may include grounding safety studies, facility arc-flash hazard analysis, underground cable testing, EMF Program Support, equipment failure analysis, engineering support for safety investigations, and general electrical engineering analysis. This work supports Company goals for enhanced Public Safety, Employee Safety, Risk Reduction, and Wildfire Safety and Compliance.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $118,000
Bay Area Maximum: $188,000
California Minimum: $112,000
California Maximum: $179,000
This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
- Develops, evaluates and deploys new technologies. Identifies innovations and cost-reduction potential of new and existing technologies.
- Exercises independent judgment in leading and resolving problems of large impact, scope and complexity with few precedents or standards requiring integration of information from a variety of sources. Leads team determining scope, schedule, budget and preparing client bid proposals.
- Interfaces with clients to understand expectations, concerns and ensure strong customer satisfaction.
- Is recognized as a subject matter expert in one discipline or type of ATS service and provides breadth of knowledge and performs analysis and projects across several disciplines.
- Leads project teams performing tests to identify, define, solve problems and prepare technical reports and specifications. Prepares and delivers presentations and recommendations to clients based on project results/findings.
- May provide expert opinion or information related to projects or other issues to external customers, agencies or other parties.
- May represent PG&E at industry association meetings or seminars.
- Modifies prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations. Continually identifies testing or process improvements.
- Oversees assembly of technical systems and prototypes according to engineering standards and knowledge of related principles.
- Searches for new practical solutions to highly complex problems. Assesses business conditions, identifies opportunities and develops projects & solutions from a multifunctional or multidisciplinary perspective.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 5 years
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience
- PE-Professional Engineer license