Senior Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President, Gas Operations
Requisition ID # 88284
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E’s gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
The Senior Executive Assistant will report to and provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Gas Operations. The successful candidate should understand and support the multiple complex companywide functions or operating units reporting into the Executive. This position may lead and guide the work of other administrative support personnel, and mentor other administrative support personnel. All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with PG&E’s vision and values.
Responsibilities typically include many or all the following:
Calendaring, Scheduling & Meeting Logistics:
- Manage & prioritize calendar. Arrange ongoing/recurring as well as ad hoc meetings & conference calls. Schedule conference rooms set up audio visual or on-line meeting tools and events. Coordinate & ensure meeting logistics are in place. Reschedule appointments. May greet and escort parties to scheduled meetings.
Written & Oral Correspondence:
- Compose, proofread, edit & format written correspondence, agendas, and documents for signature. Assist with phones, phone screening, oral contacts & communications, take phone messages. Utilize polished professionalism and communication skills while serving as liaison on behalf of the leader or department. (Note: The balance of internal vs. external contacts, as well as the type of contact will vary by leader supported). May monitor, sort and prioritize emails for the leader, and use discretion and business judgment to respond directly or to forward to team members for response.
Refer / Delegate / Track Questions, Actions & Issues:
- Refer or delegate business issues or questions to others for resolution on behalf of leader or team. Follow up to ensure issue or question status & resolution. Track action items using a follow-up system, tool or process, communicate and report on status.
Documentation, Records Management & Filing:
- Prepare or assist in preparing documents, reports, presentations, meeting materials, documents for signature. Prepare copies, arrange materials. Process distribute mail. May assist or coordinate maintaining information on intranet site. Maintain a records management system, including efficient filing system, document storage.
Coordinate Travel & Events:
- • Handle all travel related aspects for individuals and groups. Arranging conference facilities, catering. Managing logistics for travel, group and events arrangements. Create detailed itineraries. Audit/monitor for adherence to corporate travel guidelines.
Office Supplies & Equipment Ordering:
- Order & maintain an inventory of items required. Order new equipment or schedule, service / maintenance. Order supplies.
Review Invoices, Purchase Orders & Expense Reports:
- Provide administrative support pertaining to contract management transactions in support of purchase requests along with processing purchase orders. Input, review, and process expense reports.
HR, Safety, Compliance Training, Building & Asset Related Tasks:
- Handle HR related administrative tasks including time reporting, pay planning, performance improvement plans, performance management, organization change requests, pay change requests, rewards and recognition forms, organization chart updates, emergency lists. Order LAN ID and assets for new hires. Monitor & track staff participation in required training, reading or action including safety and compliance. Complete building services requests. May coordinate office space planning. Handle all aspects of new employee onboarding.
- Create, assemble, modify, proofread presentations, spreadsheets, reports.
- Create Reports & Track Metrics:
- Manage data, metrics tracking and reporting, report creation and execution.
Backup Other Administrative Assistants: Backup and support to other Executive Assistants as required.
Examples of Job Responsibilities & Intricacies at the Senior Executive Assistant Level:
- Travel and event arrangements are typically for multiple leadership and other employees, with associated logistical complexities that include coordinated ground transportation, multiple destinations and hotels, foreign destinations, group activities and event arrangements.
- Meeting or conference arrangements include hotel or other conference facilities for large groups, with logistical complexities that may include coordinating speakers, special guests outside of PG&E, site specific requirements determination, evaluation and selection, field trips, post conference excursions and event activities.
- Monitor and process a high volume of expenses, scrutinizing against policy but also for perception of expenses (i.e. limo, expensive meals, etc.)
- Understand unique officer related office space and setup requirements, influence PG&E building and asset personnel to meet officer specific needs. May assist in coordinating home-based office technology specific needs.
- Frequently resolves scheduling conflicts by evaluating and judging business needs and priorities, working with other Executive and Sr. Executive Assistants as well as with business leaders and others across the company. Solicit assistance from other executives to represent PG&E that can fill in for an executive that is not available.
- Often works proactively, anticipating and identifying needs and coordinating support from all levels within the organization
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- 6 or more years of administrative support experience required, 2 or more years of experience supporting VP level preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communication & interpersonal skills, portraying a high degree of professionalism
- Organization and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, prioritize work and manage time to meet deadlines
- Flexible and open to change
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive or confidential information
- Political and organizational savvy
- Motivated, self-starter, eager to master new skills
- Ability to foster teamwork, collaborative environment
- Software/Office Applications: Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Search. May also require experience and knowledge with PG&E specific applications such as SRM, Concur, HR SAP, CATS, Visio, SharePoint