Senior Gas Integrity Management Engineer
Requisition ID # 80454
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Overall, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response. The Integrity Management organization’s mission and vision are:
- Reach zero safety, compliance and environmental incidents while ensuring we meet PG&E's obligation to serve our customers.
- Promote a safety culture throughout all levels of the organization with an emphasis on improving learning from the past and anticipating the future.
- Apply integrity management principles on a system-wide basis while engaging our stakeholders, from local communities we operate into our regulators, so they can understand and participate in reducing our risk.
- Support the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution pipeline systems through the proactive use of asset knowledge, threat identification, threat interaction, data integration and analytical tools to increase operational efficiency, improve system integrity and minimize safety risk to employees and the communities we operate in.
Performs asset management and engineering work specific to Gas Quality within our transmission and distribution operations, gas production, construction and/or maintenance functions within Gas Operations. Ensures the timely, thorough, and accurate completion of engineering services, work and projects. Performs project management and on-call responsibilities as required.
- Independently performs routine engineering analysis.
- Assists Gas Control and GPOM in managing gas quality upsets, such as high levels of moisture, nitrogen or odorant.
- Defines appropriate limits for natural gas constituents of concern, both in conventional and renewable natural gas.
- Serves as PG&E’s gas quality SME, both internally and externally.
- Rotation in Gas Quality on-call team
- Work on complex tests and projects, participating in studying problems, researching issue, planning, and testing.
- Further develops gas quality, biomethane and gas processing knowledge and expertise.
- Completes multiple projects concurrently. Prepares tests and studies. Records results and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Prepares technical reports and specifications and to identify, define, and solve problems.
- Works with field personnel to solve problems.
- Develops test protocols and test technologies and analyzes data. Assist in the development of technical and/or operational policies and procedures.
- Identifying innovations and cost-reduction potential of new and existing technologies.
- Interacts with field personnel, both operations and engineering, to understand their problems and needs.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering with emphasis on related/assigned discipline (i.e., mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, etc.)
- 5 years’ experience in gas transmission or distribution design, operations, and/or maintenance environment
- Travel required; frequency depends on assignment (10% -75%).
- 5 year of Natural Gas or Petroleum/Chemical industry experience
- PE-Professional Engineer license
- Knowledge of gas distribution and transmission engineering, operations, construction, and maintenance aspects of the gas utility business
- Basic knowledge of Risk and/or Integrity Management
- Operations/field experience
- Knowledge in pipeline construction
- Knowledge of corrosion mechanisms and corrosion control
- Broad understanding of engineering research and testing concepts, theories, practices, methods, techniques in area of specialty as well as general understanding of other engineering specialties.
- Strong investigative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Understanding of quality assurance and control concepts and practices.
- Communication, presentation and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in team leadership and project management.