Senior Gas Program Manager
Requisition ID # 103860
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance, operations, construction, restoration and emergency response.
- The Integrity Management organization's vision is to:
- Improve pipeline safety and system reliability with a goal of zero safety incidents.
- Promote a safety culture throughout all levels of the organization with an emphasis on improving learning from the past and anticipating the future.
- Apply integrity management principles on a system-wide basis while engaging our stakeholders, from local communities we operate in to our regulators, so they can understand and participate in reducing our risk.
- Support the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution pipeline systems through the proactive use of asset knowledge, threat identification, knowledge of threat interaction, data integration and analytical tools to increase operational efficiency, improve system integrity and minimize safety risk to employees and the communities we operate in.
The Gas Asset Strategy team is responsible for identifying and scoping all work for Gas Operations. In addition, this team is responsible for exploring and implementing alternative ways to execute work, including downrates, retirements, and the use of alternative energy to reduce the overall risk of operating a gas system while meeting our customers' energy needs.
The Senior Gas Program Manager provides overarching program management support directly to the Integrated Scoping engineering team. The Integrated Scoping team is critical to achieving two primary goals of Asset Management and System Operations: create an approved and fully scoped book of work years in advance of construction date and create a known book of work for gas to understand bundling opportunities and explore alternative solutions. The program manager is expected to lead process improvements for Integrated Scoping Team, effectively communicate and collaborate across various workstreams within AMSO that includes Project Engineering, Project Management, Workstream Managers, Asset Family Owners and all TIMP groups to ensure scoping of the assessment plan is on track with goals. This role also provides support for General Rate Case (GRC) strategy and planning, will be required to understand, adhere and implement requirements to 49 CFR Subpart O and coordinate management of change practices. This position will report to the Manager of Gas Asset Strategy.
- Reporting and Metrics: Establish metrics and key performance indicators to measure the success of Integrated Scoping. Provide monthly and annual reports on metrics and financial variance reports to key stakeholders.
- Management of Change coordination to ensure changes are properly and effectively communicated, tracked and worked to resolution.
- Financial Planning and Management: Support financial planning process, provide regular updates to ensure budgets are managed within and across multiple programs.
- Work Process Management: Manages programs or project deliverables and is accountable for scope, forecasting annual work plans, manages to the established schedule, implements and monitors progress to ensure program scope and risk reduction goals are met.
- Cross Functional Teamwork: Work closely with program leads, risk management, pipeline services, project scoping and design engineers/specialists, project management organization, contract support, and others to ensure execution progress and escalation of any barriers.
- Develops and implements communication and training for assigned programs to target audience for continuous improvement
- Supports Integrated Investment Planning complex scoping projects created in collaboration with Gas System Planning and Pipeline Services
- Supports Gas Program Managers and Asset Program Owners to track and validate scoped projects through planning, design, and execution by ensuring the proper funding transfers and order creation.
- Assist with customers impacted by IIP (i.e. elevated pressure transmission customer being moved to distribution pressure), downrate checklists and IIP division huddles
- collaborates with all stakeholders to mitigate portfolio churn.
- Review scope of bundle with Execution Leads to make sure the right Lead PM is selected
- Initiate and submit all emergent work that arises out of IIP bundles and request funding/order creation/etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years total related experience
- SAP experience
- Project or program management experience
- Knowledge of Integrity Management, specific to 49 CFR 192, Subpart O.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- 2 years of experience leading cross-functional teams
- Advanced software skills including MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Project (or Primavera P6), SAP, FCC2, ARIBA, and Power BI or other equivalent metric tools
- Ability to influence/build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Proven experience in business communications and interactions with management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of quality metrics and performance measurement
- Work experience and knowledge related to natural gas transmission or natural gas distribution