Senior IT Product Specialist - Location Flexible
Requisition ID # 125120
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location: Rocklin
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Senior IT Product Specialist is part of the Observability & Analytics Team. The IT Operations Tools Team is responsible for overseeing Monitoring & Automation tools within PG&E. These responsibilities include planning, design, implementation, configuration, maintenance, and operations.
PG&E’s Monitoring tools supports monitoring for network, systems, and applications.
The Observability & Analytics Team is in need of an Application Performance Monitoring (APM) specialist. The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of APM, Application Architecture. They should have a wide variety of knowledge related to these areas as well as skills in implementing, configuring, and supporting the solutions.
Headquarters will be Rocklin, but location can be flexible.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following. The list is not all inclusive and additional tasks may be assigned to the candidate.
- Dynatrace Installation and Configuration
- Application server instrumentation (e.g. Java, .Net, etc.), Real User Monitoring, Synthetic Monitoring
- Dynatrace Administration
- Meeting with Application and System owners for new monitoring requirements.
- Work closely with Infrastructure and application teams (Winnows, UNIX, Network, Application etc.) & Vendor Support.
- Provide client support and training.
- Manage product licenses.
- Break-Fix Support – provide troubleshooting and support for tools. Log support tickets with vendor, install patches and hotfixes.
- Ticket Handling – Monitors the ticket queue (Incidents, Work Orders, Changes), works on the tickets to ensure timely resolution of tickets.
- Vulnerability Management – Review and install new patches on servers.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 1 year experience with software, job-related
- 4 years job-related technical experience
- Proficient in utilizing and supporting APM tools in a large enterprise environment
- Proficient in installing, configuring, and supporting Dynatrace
- Proficient with application server instrumentation (e.g. Java, .Net, etc.), Real User Monitoring, Synthetic Monitoring
- Strong understanding of Application Architecture
- Working knowledge of PG&E environment
- Familiarity with Remedy – creating, working incident, change and work order tickets
- Certificate Management
- Familiarity with supporting APM tools for Linux, AIX, and Windows systems
- 3 years’ experience directly installing, configuring, and supporting Dynatrace
- 3 years’ experience directly supporting administration of APM tools in a large enterprise environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT Networking, Security, or other related technical degree