Senior Programmer AnalystI'm Interested Date posted 09/09/2020
Requisition ID # 60011
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : San Ramon
IT supports the Gas and Electric Control Centers by improving service quality, increasing capabilities through the development of additional functionality, implementing new technology, reducing costs, increasing productivity, and facilitating organizational and business effectiveness through enabling technologies.
The Programmer/Analyst designs, develops, modifies, configures, debugs and evaluates application programs for functional business areas. Programs include reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms, and workflows (RICEFWs). Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs. Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis as defined in the IT Methodology, in collaboration with business analyst and other project team members. Consult with business analyst and architects to understand, anticipate, and meet current and future business needs. Modify and configure applications/systems as specified in the requirements and/or technical design document. Prepares and obtains approval of system and development documentation. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards and processes. Anticipate client concerns and questions and provide timely, professional, straight forward (non-technical) communications. Provide on call support for production systems and provide timely solutions. Day-to-day tasks to insure systems are up and running. Respond to ad-hoc questions and intra-departmental communications. Supports bug fixes, patches, minor enhancements, and service request
- Understand business requirements and apply them to complex programming and analysis.
- Follow and collaborate on existing Application Development Frameworks and Coding Standards.
- Solid understanding of IT Delivery Methodology, compliance processes and impact to client projects.
- Assist with development and support of Microsoft Dynamics and Microsoft Power Platforms
- Development of Web/Windows applications using C, ASP.net, ADO.net, SQL Server 2008/2016, and .Net Framework 3.5/4.0 with strong knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts.
- Applies professional technical concepts of procedures and techniques.
- Problem Solving: Lead complex system modifications. Assignments are based on extensive knowledge of concepts, principles or practices in a specific discipline, field or area of expertise, and require seasoned, experienced-based judgment in applying and adapting techniques.
- Resolves application programming analysis problems of broad scope within procedural guidelines. May seek assistance from the supervisor or more skilled programmers/analysts on unusual or especially complex problems that cross multiple functional/technology areas.
- Internal/External Contact: May attend client meetings on behalf of team or manager. Collaborates with Project Manager on complex project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments, risks, and dependencies representative.
- Freedom of Action: Oversee, mentor, and provide guidance to less experienced programmer-analysts.
- As required, test and evaluate product upgrades, add-ons, etc. to validate product integrity, usability, and detect potential user issues, identify potential solutions and make recommendations for improvement.
- Performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Update process documentation - ensure documentation of entire environment is current.
- Support the deployment of solutions and have a good understanding of solution methodology.
- Management of global systems users.
- Liaise between PG&E IT customers and 3rd party (tier 2) support team.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience and/or field of study.
- 5 years of programming analysis experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform development experience
- Hands on .NET development experience
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to promote collaboration within teams.
- Strong problem determination and analytical skill to enhance large and interrelated systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to tackle large programming tasks
- Hands-on experiences in developing Web/Windows applications using C, ASP.net, ADO.net, SQL Server 2008/2016, and .Net Framework 3.5/4.0 with strong knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts.
- Fluency in the use of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform.
- Hands on knowledge of implementing and maintaining access controls in CRM (CE) based on roles and access conditions.
- Exposure in configuring and working with Windows OS, IIS, Outlook with CRM plug-in, SharePoint Server.
- Experience with data transformation tools, SSIS, Kingswaysoft.
- Familiarity with North52 business process activities.
- Working knowledge of Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), and Microsoft Web Server like IIS 6.0/7.0.
- Expertise in Database Systems, SQL, Oracle and Stored Procedure.
- Proficient with development including web, database and building REST and RESTful APIS using ANGULAR, typescript, Node, and Python, Kendo, and NoSQL.
- Experience in developing of custom web services, workflows, plug-ins and integrating custom web pages into MS Dynamics 365.
- Experience in operations like data migrations and updates that help in facilitating data migration within MS Dynamics.
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum environment.