Senior Programmer Analyst
Requisition ID # 122072
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Designs, develops, modifies, configures, debugs and evaluates application programs for functional business areas. Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs. Consults with business analysts and architects to understand, anticipate, and meet current and future business needs. Modifies and configures applications/systems as specified in the requirements and/or technical design document. Prepares and obtains approval of system and development documentation.
- Work Scope Understands business requirements and applies them to complex programming and analysis. Follows and collaborates on existing Application Development Frameworks and Coding Standards Solid understanding of IT Delivery Methodology, compliance processes and impact to client projects. Applies professional technical concepts of particular field, procedures, and techniques.
- The incumbent independently plans work to meet assigned general objectives; progress is reviewed upon completion and solutions may provide an opportunity for creative/non-standard approaches.
- Problem Solving: Leads complex system modifications. Assignments are based on extensive knowledge of concepts, principles or practices in a specific discipline, field or area of expertise, and require seasoned, experienced-based judgment in applying and adapting techniques. Resolves application programming analysis problems of broad scope within procedural guidelines. May seek assistance from the supervisor or more skilled programmers/analysts on unusual or especially complex problems that cross multiple functional/technology areas.
- Internal/External Contact: May attend client meetings on behalf of team or manager. Collaborates with Project Manager on complex project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments, risks, and dependencies representative.
- Freedom of Action: Oversee, mentor, and provide guidance to less experienced programmer-analysts
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience in programming analysis
- Experience with programming languages