Senior Project Manager-ESC, Gas Transmission-Station/Valve Workstream (San Ramon)Apply Date posted 08/01/2020
Requisition ID # 60240
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The Gas Transmission Project Management Department is a team of professionals working throughout the service territory to manage a portfolio of capital projects for the Gas Transmission assets. We are responsible for the execution of projects from start to finish.
Project Management ensures projects are managed safely and efficiently, with clear objectives, proper authorizations, within company policies and procedures, and with assigned resources to meet scope, schedule, cost and quality commitments. Throughout the project life cycle we maintain clear communications to all stakeholders up to and including appropriate Officers.
This classification (position) is represented by Engineers and Scientist of California (ESC) subject to collective bargaining.
This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, Senior Project Manager position that requires mastery of the journey level Project Manager job duties. Under general direction, exercises judgment and discretion and is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Project duration is generally multi-year, requires significant risk management, and may include formal partnering agreements with outside firms. Assignments will have high
visibility, require extensive project management skills and often require specific discipline and areas of expertise.
- Develops and defines project scope and objectives.
- Establishes and leads project team with agreed-upon roles and responsibilities.
- Obtain commitment on detailed work plans including schedule, cost, resource, contingency and communication plans.
- Obtains management approval as needed and is responsible for project tracking and analysis of project costs, scope and schedule.
- Ensures project documentation is maintained.
- Develops, monitors and updates the project cash flow and financial forecasts.
- Manages dates, operations, tasks and scheduling in current software system (e.g. WM, EPM Microsoft Project Server).
- Ensures all specialized materials are ordered in a timely manner.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Communicates project status on a regular basis to all stakeholders.
- Assesses project risk and formulates mitigative contingency plans.
- Implements quality standards, reviews project deliverables and communicates variances accordingly.
- Identify and communicate lessons learned and incorporate prior lessons learned as best practices into projects.
- Adjusts project scope, with project sponsor approval, and schedule as appropriate to accommodate change
- Identifies project performance issues, analyzes and addresses them in a timely manner.
- Effectively completes multiple projects concurrently.
- Represents and promotes the project and its contribution to company goals.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and resolution of problems.
- Oversees and administrates low risk EPC contracts per project type table in accordance with ESC Work Oversight Committee.
- Represents PG&E to government agencies as required for assigned projects.
- Provides guidance to Associate Project Managers who are assigned Journey Level Projects for developmental purposes in accordance with the Associate Project Manager Job Description.
- Determines that project objectives are achievable.
- Provides guidance to engineering on producing complex risk and alternative analyses, studies and conceptual designs for presentation to project sponsor.
- Oversees and administrates EPC contracts in accordance with ESC Work Oversight Committee.
- Negotiates third party contracts, in support of other departments when appropriate.
- Develops and champions company-wide best practices.
- Makes presentations to PG&E Officers as appropriate.
- Arbitrates and resolves conflicts within the project.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced project managers.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience.
- 8 years’ experience in project management, project controls, engineering and/or construction if PG&E, 9 years if outside hire
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and maintenance
- Knowledge of land acquisition, CPUC and environmental permitting and EPC contracting procedures.
- Superior ability to interface with and across supporting organizations and conduct formal presentations to officers.