Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst
Requisition ID # 143060
Job Category: Compliance / Risk / Quality Assurance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Engineering
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: San Ramon
The Compliance Programs team is responsible for overseeing the enterprise compliance management practices within the Gas organization and facilitating the enterprise Compliance Maturity Model. The team works closely with process owners in asset management, operation groups, and compliance subject matter experts to provide support to understand Gas risks and to advance compliance maturity. The team also collaborates with the Enterprise Ethics and Compliance team to mature compliance practices and assessments.
The successful candidate will be responsible to lead, implement, facilitate and provide assurance over Gas Compliance programs, procedures, and systems with an emphasis on the maturity of the enterprise Compliance Maturity Model and the design, documentation, and testing of controls. They will provide an infrastructure that enables compliance, and that identifies, manages and mitigates operational risks that can affect the business. The senior analyst will directly lead the team with training and engaging employees and leaders throughout line of business in compliance to ensure understanding of enterprise Compliance Maturity Model requirements, and other needed items to facilitate behaviors related to risk and compliance. This position will work closely with internal leaders and subject matter experts while interacting with other stakeholders outside the risk management department and Gas Operations to facilitate understanding, development, engagement, and implementation of the enterprise Compliance Maturity Model. Activities may also include: leading or coordinating audits, preparing reports, developing and maintaining performance metrics, and conducting self-assessments.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need.
The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
Incumbent should expect to travel to San Ramon, CA for projects, meetings, trainings, etc.
• Demonstrates advanced understanding of regulatory policy and compliance concepts.
• Provides compliance and risk management expertise to assigned LOB department(s).
• Applies advanced knowledge to help evaluate requirements, assess risk, monitor compliance and assist department to develop effective remediation plans based on root causes.
• Provide leadership and insight in evaluating control deficiencies in accordance with the company’s framework for evaluating control
exceptions and deficiencies to conclude on potential impact to the company.
• Understands and provides support to departments to map compliance-related processes and develop appropriate documentation.
• Identifies and evaluates compliance risks and facilitates the mitigation of identified risks.
• Provides advice to assigned department(s) to facilitate the design and implementation of effective controls to mitigate risk and manage compliance requirements; evaluates and documents alternatives and make recommendations to compliance owners.
• Develops and evaluates test plans for effectiveness.
• Facilitates the identification of new and changing requirements – helping the assigned business unit to research and document new compliance requirements affecting LOB and works with diverse organizations to confirm ownership and implement/document controls framework, using LOB risk and compliance processes and systems.
• Participates in or may lead root cause analysis activities.
• Facilitates the assigned business unit to develop and analyze metrics related to compliance and risk.
• May identify and monitor operational risks for assigned department(s); ensures effective risk management framework is implemented for identified operational risks.
• Develops and coordinates preparation of presentation materials for various levels of management up to and including vice president.
• May manage LOB projects to implement risk mitigation strategies and/or compliance remediation plans.
• Presents findings and makes recommendations to functional management and directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of Management, Risk and Insurance, Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in risk or compliance management, utility operations or related field
- Able to develop effective controls for compliance that are integrated into normal work processes.
- Can evaluate existing controls for effectiveness and provide recommendations for controls enhancement.
- Understands controls frameworks design and can effectively create or use for new requirements, when available.
- Audit experience or experience testing controls effectiveness.
- Advanced research and issue resolution skills.
- Able to present analysis and evaluation results and output in a cohesive, understandable and actionable format to department management.
- Understands programs, policy and compliance requirements and to advise on business impacts.
- Ability to solicit and integrate information from a variety of sources.
- Understands the company and regulatory organizational structure and how to interact with and utilize available contacts and resources.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and making educated and informed recommendations based on minimal data.
- CCEP-Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional certification