Sr. Business Analyst - (Palantir Foundry experience required) - Location Flexible
Requisition ID # 137149
Job Category: Information Technology; Business Operations / Strategy; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Job Location: San Ramon
Business Analysts are responsible for research, data analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting in support of business decision making, business strategy and business operations. May also be involved in business process improvement, quality control and special projects and other initiatives.
Responsibilities typically include many or all the following:
- Data Analysis: Compiles and analyzes data. May develop and/or maintain data models for what-if analysis and for other business purposes.
- Metrics and Reporting: Develops and tracks business metrics. Develops and maintains standard, custom, and ad-hoc reports.
- Budgeting & Forecasting: Develops or works with budgets and forecasts.
- Research: Researches best practices; develops internal and external benchmarks in support of business decisions.
- Quality Assurance & Business Process Improvement: May perform quality assurance and business process improvement activities in support of the business. Activities may include developing, managing, or coordinating performance or quality assessment, business process re-engineering, change management, communication and training.
- Project Management: Lead projects, determining scope, budget, timeframes, forming teams, assigning tasks, managing resources and issues.
This position offers a flexible work location within the PG&E service territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity.
A reasonable salary range is:
- Minimum (Bay Area) $93,000.00
- Maximum (Bay Area) $139,000.00
- Minimum (California) $88,000.00
- Maximum (California) $132,000.00
- Performs analysis on complex data models requiring customized reports and data.
- Develops new or revises existing data analysis to predict business outcomes selecting from various complex variables.
- Develops and uses metrics to develop recommendations related to business strategy and operations. Presents findings and recommendations to leaders.
- Manages small to mid-size projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 4 years of related work experience
- Proficiency in Palantir Foundry program
- Advanced PowerBI and Excel skills
- MBA or graduate degree
- Broad knowledge of different analytical methods, approaches, and tactics
- Advanced understanding of fundamental analysis and what-if modeling concepts, methods and techniques and analysis of how different factors affect business outcomes
- Creative problem skills to develop solutions
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to justify any business changes
- Strong presentation and communication skills to deliver findings and recommendations to various levels of management
- Knowledge and understanding of key drivers affecting business results
- Strong project management knowledge and skills to lead project teams
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, or similar software