Supervisor, Electric Engineering ServicesI'm Interested Date posted 12/05/2020
Requisition ID # 74520
Job Category : Engineering / Science; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
The Substation Electric Engineering Services team is responsible for electrical project engineering and design work for PG&E substations. This group is an integral part of the Substation Engineering Services organization which is responsible for the engineering and project management of substation projects. The team is responsible for the following:
• Transmission Substation engineering and design
• Distribution Substation engineering and design
• Technical assistance on feasibility studies
• Technical coordination with Transmission Line Engineering and design
• Technical consultation (project options)
• Project scope, detailed estimates, material lists
• Equipment specifications
• Construction support
• Other activities as needed
The Supervisor of Electric Engineering Services will lead a team of Sr. Consulting, Senior and Journey Project Engineers, Design Engineers, and Design Drafters to deliver quality design products for electric substations in all regions on time and cost efficiently. S/he will be responsible to work collaboratively with the Project Management team to build a balanced engineering plan to ensure project scope, schedule and cost requirements are met. In addition, s/he will be responsible for developing, tracking and communicating key performance metrics such as Safety, Project Execution (design quality), Work Plan Achievement (financial project performance), Work Plan Schedule Achievement (meeting project milestones). S/he will lead his/her team in adoption and proficiency of new technologies to better support project success
• 5 years of relevant experience in electrical engineering and design (preferably
• 1 year of leadership experience (supervision or a lead role)
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills
• Registered Electrical P.E.
• Knowledge of Transmission or Substation engineering, design and construction experience
• Familiarity with PG&E standards and design processes
• Familiarity with ESC, Local 20 – Labor contract
• Strong MS Office skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with Project scheduling tools: MS Project, Primavera (P6)
• Supervise and lead a team of 15-20 Project Engineers, Design Engineers, Design Drafters and an Engineering Assistant.
• Actively promote safe work practices in accordance with PG&E’s strong commitment to Safety.
• Ensure a safe work environment and manage overall safety for the team. Provide open and honest communication of Company objectives and initiatives and coach, mentor and lead staff to ensure that Company and Department vision and goals are well understood and that team performance supports them.
• Foster greater understanding of the key role that Substation Engineering and Design plays in supporting project success (scope, schedule and costs). Promote better understanding of both Project Management and Construction practices to better support project work.
• Remove hurdles that impact project support success.
• Promote accountability of team for quality, financial results and schedule attainment in
support of substation projects through employee engagement, recognition and ongoing coaching.
• Plan and maintain a visible and stable short and long term production schedule by
working closely with his/her team and the Project Management team and Substation Construction.
• Make timely and effective decisions regarding internal work and work to be contracted.
• Foster teamwork and innovation and embrace and support new technologies to improve performance of team.
• Build a strong team by providing ongoing performance feedback and technical support.