Supervisor, Electrical Testing and DesignI'm Interested Date posted 10/08/2020
Requisition ID # 67644
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Applied Technology Services (ATS) is an internal service organization that provides high quality technical services and expertise on an as-needed basis to all business lines at Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E), including Nuclear, Hydro and Fossil Generation; Electric Transmission and Distribution; Gas Transmission and Distribution; and other internal PG&E departments. Based at PG&E’s San Ramon Technology Center, ATS is a multi-disciplinary team of approximately 120 engineers and technical personnel who perform work in the ATS San Ramon offices and laboratories, and in the field.
This Supervisor for Electrical Testing and Design is directly responsible for providing leadership, training, safety, engineering expertise, and technical direction to the Engineers and ESC Technicians who offer comprehensive electrical engineering services to all PG&E lines of business. Services include failure analysis, T&D equipment testing, high power and high current testing, ground grid design & testing, dielectric testing, cable testing, doble testing, SF6 testing, ground grid and ARC flash studies etc.
This includes planning, organizing, and monitoring Unit assignments, and ensuring work expectations for scope, schedule, cost, safety, environmental compliance and responsiveness are established and are effectively communicated with clients, work unit personnel, management, and other stakeholders. The Supervisor will also ensure that work expectations are fully met and take appropriate and effective corrective actions when needed as well as the maintenance, reliability and safe operation of PG&E’s High Voltage Dome and High Current Yard Test Facilities.
The Supervisor is required to provide an oversight on the following specific areas while spending some of their personal time doing industry analysis work and leading testing activities in the field and the lab.
- Insulated boom truck dielectric testing
- EMF measurements and support
- Corona field surveys
- Ground Grid design and testing
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of cumulative experience in electrical engineering, testing and design
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Masters or MBA
- 5 years of leadership experience
- Safety Requirements: Adhere to all PG&E Safety Requirements, Knowledgeable of Electrical Utility Operations and practices. Ensure the training and safe work environment and practices of entire work unit.
- Unit Leadership: Manage and lead the team of 10 Engineers/Technicians, Ensure Project delivery, Work Planning and Establish personnel goals and performance evaluations for the unit.
- Guide complex parallel projects to successful completion and provide technical direction to inter-disciplinary project teams in a growing dynamic environment.
- Participate and support the ATS Leadership Team and efforts. Be an active member of a 15 person leadership team which sets the business and operational direction of the ATS organization. Participate in Department Leadership meetings, lead/chair ATS teams as necessary, create and submit Unit budget and operating plans.