Supervisor, Gas Distribution Project Management - Flexible LocationI'm Interested Date posted 09/15/2020
Requisition ID # 65247
Job Category : Project / Program Management
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
Responsible for groups of projects that are necessary for the capital replacement of gas distribution facilities. Leads teams of project managers, project controls analysts, and/or distribution engineers who oversee matrixed teams supporting these projects. These leaders manage work from inception through completion while meeting the cost, scope and schedule requirements, leveraging the skills and experience of a diverse team to focus on the successful delivery of capital projects.
This work location is flexible to anywhere within PG&E Service Territory.
- Works with/and supports the work execution manager to develop and define the annual scope of work and objectives and build annual and monthly performance measurements to track progress.
- Manages the portfolio of projects for the assigned region and assigns project work, project initiatives and special assignments to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Provides direct supervision, staffing, training, coaching and mentoring to Project Managers, Project Controls Analysts, Distribution Engineers and others on team; manages day to day planning of operations, develop methods, authorizes overtime and controls costs.
- Ensures daily activities are carried out in accordance with PG&E established guidelines and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with managers and other leaders to consistently achieve project objectives and improve performance.
- Provides effective leadership, coaching and development of the team through goal setting and the performance evaluation process, development planning process and provides frequent, open and honest feedback, arbitrates and resolves conflicts as needed to support successful project delivery.
- Implements established policies, procedures, and best project management practices across the region to ensure high quality, consistent project performance such that projects are built to scope and specification requirements, on time, and within budget. This includes, but is not limited to, approval process, change control process, design review standards and communication protocols.
- Communicates issues up the management chain as needed.
- Makes presentations to PG&E leaders, including officers, as appropriate.
- Maintains safe work practices; ensures regional team is performing all required support functions with an emphasis on safety
- Recruit/select, communicate expectations, foster employee engagement, coach, develop, mentor, recognize and reward employees in order to drive performance and results. Manages Union-represented employees and Contractors. Responsible for supervising a team of approximately 10-15 employees, primarily Project Managers and Project Controls Analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering,Construction Management, Business or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of gas or related industryexperience
- Experience in leading multiple cross-functional projects and teams simultaneously
- 10 years of gas or related industry experience.
- Experience in leading multiple cross-functional projects and teams simultaneously.
- Capital or expense project management or program management of significant size and scope.
- Field experience with maintenance, construction and engineering of gas systems.
- Experience with leading teams of 5 or more people.