Supervisor, Substation Asset Strategy (Flexible Location)I'm Interested Date posted 10/20/2020
Requisition ID # 69584
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakland; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E’s electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Lead and live the PG&E (Our) Culture: We put safety first; We are accountable/We act with integrity, transparency and humility; We are here to serve our customers; We embrace change, innovation and continuous improvement; We value diversity and inclusion/We speak up, listen up and follow up; We succeed through collaboration and partnership/We are one team.
Work required is in support of compliance activities and adherence with NERC, WECC and CAISO standards, through the supervision of the Substation Asset Strategy (SAS) team, to work closely with planners, operators, and project delivery teams ensuring effective creation and maintenance of Substation Asset Strategies.
- Collaborates with Substation Standards and Industry asset SME’s to provide critical feedback for the development of company substation standards and design criteria.
- Uses reliability engineering concepts and Asset Management principles to lead a team of engineers tasked to develop asset strategies.
- Works with maintenance personnel to develop programs to replace substation equipment.
- Oversees a team of asset and initiative assigned engineers who develop criteria for how replacements occur in electric substations.
- Oversees the total list of development programs for Substation and coordinates with other stakeholders (Capacity Planning, Automation, System Implementation) to consolidate plans.
- Meets with Superintendents in Maintenance and Construction to gather information and promote substation development initiatives.
- Provides regular reports relating to the company’s asset requirement obligation and information providing answers to Transmission filings and other regulatory requests.
- Facilitates the mobilization of emergency materials for substations in the event of catastrophic failures.
- Provides justification required for the advanced authorization of substation related capital implementation projects.
- Manages workload within the group ensuring all employees are fully contributing to department goals
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience.
- 7 years of engineering experience with 4 years in substation related engineering.
- Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Professional Engineer license in the State of California.
- Project Management Certification
- 2 years of Supervision
- Written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Leadership skills; ability to develop teams
- Understanding of utility economics; Understanding of value of service and cost benefit analysis
- Understanding of reliability engineering and asset management principles
- Understanding of electric system reliability (SAIDI, SAIFI, CAIDI, availability)
- Understanding of substation configurations and reliable operations
- Project management skills, knowledge of project management concepts and practices.
- Understanding of FERC and NERC and CAISO planning criteria
- Understanding of electrical power systems.