Vegetation Program Manager (Flexible Location)
Requisition ID # 142520
Job Category: Project / Program Management
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: San Ramon
The Vegetation Program Manager supports Vegetation Management operations, ensuring electric system safety, reliability, and regulatory compliance with state and federal rules. The incumbent may also serve as a subject matter expert and provide guidance and education or influence leaders in the industry (PG&E, other utilities, or other decision makers) on regulatory issues and program strategies. Supports the Vegetation Management team by improving and overseeing internal processes. Works with customers and public entities to monitor and manage vegetation proximity to PG&E assets to contribute to system reliability and safety objectives.
This position offers a flexible work location within the PG&E service territory.
- Leads and oversees process improvement initiatives with cross functional team.
- Works with some guidance to complete assignments and solves moderately complex problems. Participates on and often leads project teams.
- Communicates with peers, exchanging ideas or gathering information on overall program plan and goals.
- Oversees quality assurance final reviews and contract drafts.
- Partners with leadership across lines of business to support decisions and meet business goals.
- Assists in implementing and creating new concepts, processes, and ideas to drive the success of the vegetation management program.
- Participates in public hearings, legal proceedings or similar in support of or as the subject matter expert
- Contributes to the development of budget forecasts and the development of business cases.
- Reviews funding and purchase orders associated with complex projects for supervisor approval
- Delivers on the program implementation plan.
- Contributes to the implementation and creation of new concepts, processes, and ideas to further vegetation management program advancement.
- Reports out, provides updates and corrective actions, and holds daily huddles under the Lean Management model.
- Develops new and ad-hoc reports, summarizes findings and recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of job-related experience
- ISA Arborist/Utility Specialist certification
- ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ)
- Knowledge of forestry and/or utility vegetation management concepts, methods and techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Excellent negotiation and collaboration skill, diplomacy and tact.
- Good organizational, time management, prioritization and planning skills.
- Team collaboration skills.
- Good project and program management skills.
- Ability to assess and recommend based on strong technical knowledge.
- Adaptable to changing and evolving business processes
- Knowledge of current utility and energy industry. issues, trends and political, economic and social issues affecting the program.
- Ability to work within an environment that is heavily dependent on laws and regulations and knowledge of how to interpret and apply them.
- Understands the basic organizational structure and how to utilize available resources.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI etc.) and GIS applications.