Electric Distribution Supervisor - Flexible Location
Requisition ID # 101244
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of clean, safe, reliable, and affordable energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Manages teams involved in maintaining or building parts, command & control outage response, and monitoring and restoration efforts of the system-wide service territory distribution grid. Provides safe and reliable electric service while maintaining compliance with the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) General Orders, and all procedures and safety regulations and other regulatory requirements. Analyze and prioritize outages to determine most efficient restoration needs. Implements safety policies and best practices and manages employee#s accountability. Ensures full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention Programs.
Position Location Flexible in Sierra, Sacramento, North Valley, North Bay, Sonoma or Humboldt divisions
- Creates and maintains documentation related to procedures and processes.
- Works to address the needs of customers and develops comprehensive solutions/offerings that address complex needs across all customer segments.
- Monitors and ensures closure/completion of projects and/or other programs work orders.
- Develops a safety culture that is accountable for decisions and provides messaging regarding safety.
- Maintains safe and reliable operations during unplanned events such as outages, pressure reductions, and emergency events.
- Participates in onsite tailboards or group discussions to ensure the safety and productivity of all workgroups and to minimize changes to scope, cost or schedule.
- Fosters teamwork, and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Leads the responding and resolving field troubleshooting requests.
- Visits work sites to monitor operations.
- Ensures maintenance and construction work is completed on time and within budget and quality expectations, while monitoring compliance to standards and specifications.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in engineering, manufacturing, construction, field maintenance operations, or related electric utility experience.
- Must obtain a California Driver’s License by first day of employment
- Associates Degree in Engineering or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Cluster-Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience as Lineman, journey-level
- Utility industry experience, electric
Hiring Leader Name:
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.