Quality Verification Distribution Specialist, Expert (Santa Rosa)
Requisition ID # 106852
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Santa Rosa
The Electric Compliance Quality Management Organization provides oversight of compliance activities within Electric Operations. This includes ensuring that all compliance requirements are known, there are documented processes and controls, controls are tested and effective, and that evidence of compliance exists. The department is the primary liaison with external regulators (NERC/WECC, CPUC, CAISO, etc.), manages new and changing requirements, regulatory audits, incident reporting and review, and customer complaints. The department is responsible leading compliance improvement initiatives.
The Electric Distribution Quality Verification (QV) Specialist conducts field assessments on PG&E’s electric distribution facilities. These work assessments focus on verifying the quality of:
- Overhead (OH) and underground (UG) inspections as required by GO 165.
- Construction work performed by division construction crews in conjunction with emergency and planned Electric Corrective (EC) notifications to ensure facilities are repaired/constructed per the requirements of PG&E Construction Standards
- Compliance Inspection and Construction supervisors completed work verification of the inspectors and crews
- Works independently, utilizing advanced knowledge of electric utility regulatory general orders to complete deep reviews and analysis of the construction work, uncovers complex findings and root causes and prepare comprehensive recommendations for leadership.
- Partners with division leaders on identifying root causes, trends, process improvements and in implementing solutions.
- Provides assistance and coaching to lower level peers, including on the job training for new Senior Specialists. May handle questions regarding more complex verification situations. Acts as a technical resource for PS&R and construction field supervisors.
- Validates quality of completed work by construction crews and compliance inspectors using advanced knowledge of construction standards and general orders. Leads cross-division special projects or initiatives. Is the go-to lead and subject-matter expert.
- Facilitates post verification review meetings. Summarizes and presents complex findings to leaders. Uses advanced communication skills to determine appropriate content for target audience. Conveys findings and recommendations seeking buy in on recommendations. Develops new methods for communicating issues, concerns and best practices.
- Performs additional audit, quality verification and/or validation activities to support compliance with GO 165, 95 and 128 or to support other regulatory audit requirements.
- Understands, demonstrates and coaches lower level peers on all company and regulatory safety practices and requirements.
- Responsible for resolving gaps between external requirements and internal standards.
- Establish new processes for emergent quality verification audit requests
- Lead tailboard discussions with Compliance Inspectors and Construction Crews within all divisions
- Facilitates updates to Call book with new calls that requires research of General Orders and Construction Standards
- Conduct quality verification audits in Divisions where a Specialist has vacated
High School Diploma or GED
Seven (7) years of total relevant experience
Valid CA Driver’s License
Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW)
Completion of a federal or state sanctioned apprenticeship with approved supporting documentation (e.g. IBEW Journeyman A Ticket) and/or union, non-union, or union-affiliated sponsored apprenticeship or equivalent experience
Ability to travel 50% of the time within the PG&E service territory
Bachelor’s Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
Excellent communication skills
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Advanced knowledge of General Orders 165, 95 and 128
Excellent understanding of the Electric Distribution Preventive Maintenance Program
Advanced knowledge of the requirements of the OH and UG Construction Manual
Strong data analysis and reporting skills
Advanced Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word skills. Proficiency with PowerPoint
Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
Broad knowledge of root cause investigation methods and techniques
Previous PG&E experience as a Compliance Inspector, Journey Lineman, Field Engineer Technician, M&C Coordinator, Quality Auditor
ASQ Certified Quality Auditor or equivalent
ASQ Certified Quality Improvement Specialist