Supvr, Gas Transmission & DistributionI'm Interested Date posted 09/16/2020
Requisition ID # 49765
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Stockton
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
Manages a team responsible for the operations of a 24/7 manned natural gas storage facility.
Manages teams directly or indirectly involved in operations & maintenance of the gas transmission and distribution system including completing all unplanned, emergent work and all mandated program work. Oversees personnel performing maintenance work, short-cycle construction work, and all mandated programs.
• DOT-Emergency Response Only
• Communicates business goals and objectives to the work group and holds all accountable to same.
• Create monthly work plan and track work plan adherence.
• Prioritize and manage workload and OT
• Completes and maintains all work documentation and/or reporting.
• Develops the business knowledge and technical skills of all field employees. Fosters teamwork within work group and across all company functions.
• Communicate clearly and effectively amongst team and across various departments to ensure mandated compliance dates and regulations are met
• Ensures that customers' needs and expectations are met; ensures clear, professional, proactive communication with customers.
• Ensures that work is executed safely including personal and public safety metrics
• Ensures work is executed within scope, schedule and cost expectations
• Facilitates daily team huddles/tailboards and adjunct training as needed.
• Track and monitor team training requirements and completion.
• Fully implements and holds subordinates accountable for safety best practices and adherence to the safety accountability model. Ensures full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention Program, working closely with area Safety Program Coordinators.
• Identifies and pursues productivity improvements and implements work practices to reduce operating costs while meeting corporate and regulatory compliance.
• Leads root-cause investigations on all PG&E at-fault dig-ins and/or reportable events.
• Manages a team a team of gas craft employees, ensuring compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and alignment with company values.
• Manages a team of union represented employees
• Manages emergency responses to all requests including equipment maintenance, ensuring employees respond in a timely manner and provide total quality service.
• Monitors compliance to standards and specifications, to achieve high quality work the first time done. Develops action plans to address deficiencies in process or employee skill/knowledge and tracks the progress of those plans.
• Monitors the Gas Operator Qualification (OQ) Program and ensures compliance. Maintains craft qualification records for employees as required by CPUC.
• Oversees both projects and 2nd party contracting within the area of responsibility
• Reviews all department maintenance documents for accuracy and completeness prior to filing for future reference or for audit purposes.
• Serves customers by providing timely completion of gas maintenance, gas construction, regulatory work, and or gas damage control.
• This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Five (5) years of relevant experience.
• Relevant experience may include exposure to utility, maintenance, construction, operations, logistics or service planning work.
• CA Driver’s License.
• Requires regular travel to visit employees in the field within assigned geographic area or other storage facilities.
• Bachelors Degree or job-related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Experience in customer service.
• Leadership experience, job-related, union-represented employees
• Experience in gas storage, gas utility, or gas industry.