Operations Systems Engineer (SCADA) - Rocklin or Vacaville
Requisition ID # 116160
Job Category : Engineering / Science; Information Technology; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The mission of the Operations Systems Group within the Electric Grid Operations Department is to provide comprehensive engineering solutions to improve transmission system reliability and enable future growth of the Electric Transmission Grid. In addition, the Group provides outstanding engineering support to Operations by resolving complex issues via implementation of state of the art technology. This position is in the EMS (Energy Management System) Operations team within the Operations Systems group in Electric Grid Operations. The Operations Systems group provides technical support for Electric Grid Operations. EMS Operations provides operational, engineering, and project management support for the EMS platform as well as support for the technologies used by the Grid Control Centers.
The Operations Systems Engineer, Journey, will report to the Supervisor, Operations Systems Engineer and be a member of the EMS Display/Integration team. This group consists of EMS Engineers who provide operational support of tools utilized by Electric Grid Operations (EGO) and Transmission Operations Engineering (TOE). Coordinate with EMS major project leads. Participate in strategic planning and engineering analysis on EMS infrastructure. Work with program managers and partner with other departments (i.e. IT, System Automation) for their support in completing critical work, managing system performance and controlling costs.
- Support day-to-day maintenance activities for EMS
- Perform troubleshooting tasks for all systems.
- Support project tasks as assigned.
- Support all NERC CIP related activities including system testing and documentation.
- Responsible for identifying and addressing gaps in EMS processes.
- *nteract with customers for the change of EMS displays to meet the business need.
- Assist in the development and operationalization of procedures and ensure compliance with applicable NERC Standards.
- Provide support to EMS Operations including EMS On-Call duties as needed.
- 3 years of experience in power system or control system engineering.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Competitive candidates must have strong technical and analytical skills.
- Competitive candidates should demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to take initiative.
- Operational knowledge of the PG&E Transmission System.
- knowledge of the GE Grid Solutions/GE EMS
- Working knowledge of GE Display Builder.
- Working knowledge of the PG&E Transmission System.
- Experience with Visual Basic, C/C++.
- Experience with software testing/integration for real-time systems.