Sr. Electrical Inspector
Requisition ID # 103226
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Summary: The Inspectors are qualified company representatives responsible for providing direct oversight of construction activities by contractors at PG&E. The Incumbents are the liaisons between the contractor and all other workgroups that may be involved in the successful completion of the construction project. Inspectors will be focused on the electrical side of construction projects. Inspectors focus on quality control, quality assurance and foster a safe work environment by exhibiting an absolute commitment to safety for self and others.
- Directly interacts with contractors on substation electrical or electric construction projects at a construction worksite.
- Acts as a liaison between construction activities of contractors and engineering departments in relation to material and/or design deficiencies.
- Reads and interprets electrical and/or electric drawings and records as-built information on construction drawings.
- Researches construction drawings and reviews site conditions to ensure constructability of design.
- Tracks and documents unit quantities, materials used, project status, and communicate with Construction Manager regarding scheduling and scope changes.
- Considers and documents compliance requirements of construction projects.
- Oversees safety tailboards for contractors
- Verifies all projects are built to PG&E standards through quality control and quality assurance.
- Communicates contractor activities with all of the various workgroups performing work in substation during construction.
- High School or GED
- At least 4 years of journey-level experience in construction related work in either a civil or electrical capacity. Proficient in interpreting relevant drawings (electrical or civil) to confirm constructability
- MS Office suite skills
- Experience in an electrical utility or refinery
- Ability to read relevant drawings (civil or electrical.)
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control