Expert GIS Programmer Analyst
Requisition ID # 90364
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : Walnut Creek
PG&E IT is a unified organization composed of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions. The Business Technology- GIS Center of Excellence (COE) department has responsibility for maintaining and operating IT applications in GIS to support Gas, Electric and other lines of business, and the delivery of new IT products and solutions in support of their business goals and priorities.
The Programmer Analyst, Expert position in GIS COE is responsible for hands on development, configuration and deployment of GIS applications using primarily Esri technology. Directs both employee and contractor developer resources in delivering quality code for new products and enhancements to existing systems. Responsible for design reviews, architecture reviews, and building products and solutions for both internal users and PG&E customers. Responsible for conducting technology review meetings across GIS projects and for aligning to IT strategy, investments, components, structures, and processes, defined by the leadership team. Builds and maintains relationships with Line of Business partners for delivery of the technology architecture and code components to fulfill their business needs. Builds and maintains relationship with Internal IT partners such as Enterprise Architecture group. Contributes to technology road map at GIS COE. Shares the responsibility for technical delivery of components of a project with Project Manager/Scrum Master.
- Responsible for successful delivery of code components for multiple GIS projects.
- Responsible for technical delivery of major/minor enhancements.
- Assists Technology Principals/Managers in planning technical training for employees.
- Oversee compliance of the vendor deliverables to GIS COE solution roadmap.
- Compliance to IT standards/regulations.
- Contributes and drives towards technology standards set by GIS COE.
- Participate in Technology Governance committee meetings and leadership meetings.
- Develops relationship across IT partners and line of business clients.
- Promotes collaborations and communications with all stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Achieve results for the goals set and communicated by the leaders.
- BA/BS in in Computer Science, Geo-Informatics/GIS, Information Technology, Geography/GIS, or other relevant field required or equivalent experience and/or field of study.
- 7 years of hands on GIS-related programming and analysis experience.
- Proven knowledge with programming principals to enhance system performance
- Multiple programming languages experience.
- Master’s degree in in Computer Science, Geo-Informatics/GIS, Information Technology, Geography/GIS, or other relevant field required or other relevant field.
- 10 Years of experience of hands on application development.
- 7 Years of experience in querying, configuring, setting up geo-databases ideally including Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Experience in development and configuration of remote sensing GIS solutions including the use of imagery and LiDAR data.
- 5 Years of experience in Utility GIS data and network models.
- 8 Years of experience in Software Development Life cycle process and quality assurance practices for developing software applications.
- Gas and Electric Utility business/domain knowledge.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; detail and process-oriented; able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in overseeing technical delivery of contractor teams.
- Mentoring and training experience of GIS technology teams in a larger organization
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Experience in deploying applications using Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience in developing applications in AWS.