Senior GIS Programmer Analyst
Requisition ID # 110265
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
PG&E IT is a unified organization composed of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to plan, deliver and operate high quality technology solutions. The Business Technology - GIS Center of Excellence (GIS COE) department has responsibility for maintaining and operating IT applications in GIS to support Gas, Electric and other lines of business, as well as delivery of IT projects and solutions in support of their business goals and priorities.
The Programmer Analyst, Senior position in the GIS COE is responsible for hands on development, configuration and deployment of GIS applications primarily in ESRI technology at PG&E, with open mind to open source and other options. Guides both employee and contractor developer resources in delivering quality code for projects and enhancements. This position shall participate in construction, review and architecting solutions in ESRI technology. Responsible for conducting technology review meetings across GIS projects. Responsible for aligning to IT strategy, investments, components, structures and processes, defined by the leadership team. Builds and maintains relationships with Line of Business partners for delivery of the technology architecture and code components to fulfill their business needs. Participates and contributes to the technology road map at GIS COE. Shares the responsibility for technical delivery of components of a project with Project Manager/ Scrum Master.
- Responsible for successfully developing, reviewing and/or delivery of code components
- Responsible for technical delivery of major/minor enhancement and/or break-fixes
- Help create, review and set GIS technical standards in different domain within SDLC
- Lead GIS Support during any disasters (eg. wildfires, earthquake etc.) with support from peers
- Carries out fact finding and analysis of problems; applies established procedures to bring resolution
- Monitor GIS support and applications and help establish best practices in support
- Responsible for both technical and thought leadership in GISCOE; along with hands on abilities if/when required.
- Oversees compliance of the vendor deliverables to GIS COE solution roadmap.
- Compliance to IT standards/regulations.
- Contributes and drives towards technology standards set by GIS COE.
- Participates in Technology Governance committee meetings and leadership meetings.
- Develops relationship across IT partners and line of business clients.
- Promotes collaborations and communications with all stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Achieve results for the goals set and communicated by leaders.
- Assists Technology Principal/Managers in planning technical training for employees.
- Minimum of B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in Information Technology, Geo-Informatics, Geography, GIS, computer science or relevant field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in GIS Automation, GIS Testing, GIS Scripting in Python, querying, configuring, setting up geodatabases in traditional databases such as Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in DevOps/Agile methodology
- Experience in deploying applications using CI/CD.
- Experience in Python Notebooks
- Experience extending Esri Experience builder and Esri Web App Builder
- Experience with custom development with ArcFM/Televent Suite.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Geography, Information technology, Geo-Informatics or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 or more years of experience in hands-on application development.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in ESRI technology that includes ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Objects, ArcGIS runtime, ArcSDE and scripting.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Windows, Linux and Unix Operating system.
- Proficiency in configuring Windows servers and database servers for ESRI software and ESRI licenses.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Utility GIS data and network models.
- Proficiency in ArcFM, Intrepid, Uptime and Dynamic Risk technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development Life cycle process and quality assurance practices for developing software applications.
- More than 7 years of experience in hands-on full stack application development
- Gas and Electric Utility business/domain knowledge.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; detail and process-oriented; able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing technical delivery of contractor teams.
- Experience in developing applications using Agile methodology.
- Mentoring and training experience of GIS technology teams in a larger organization.
- Experience in developing applications in AWS.