Senior GIS Programmer AnalystI'm Interested Date posted 10/21/2020
Requisition ID # 67884
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : Walnut Creek
PG&E IT is a unified organization composed of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions. The Business Technology - GIS Center of Excellence (GIS COE) department has responsibility for maintaining and operating IT applications in GIS to support Gas, Electric and other lines of business, as well as delivery of IT projects and solutions in support of their business goals and priorities.
The Programmer Analyst, Senior position in the GIS COE is responsible for hands on development, configuration and deployment of GIS applications in ESRI technology at PG&E. Guides both employee and contractor developer resources in delivering quality code for projects and enhancements. This position shall participate in construction, review and architecting solutions in ESRI technology. Responsible for conducting technology review meetings across GIS projects. Responsible for aligning to IT strategy, investments, components, structures and processes, defined by the leadership team. Builds and maintains relationships with Line of Business partners for delivery of the technology architecture and code components to fulfill their business needs. Participates and contributes to the technology road map at GIS COE. Shares the responsibility for technical delivery of components of a project with Project Manager/ Scrum Master.
- Responsible for successful delivery of code components of project/s.
- Responsible for technical delivery of project/s and shares it with the Project Manager.
- Responsible for technical delivery of major/minor enhancements.
- Assists Technology Principal/Managers in planning technical training for employees.
- Oversees compliance of the vendor deliverables to GIS COE solution roadmap.
- Compliance to IT standards/regulations.
- Contributes and drives towards technology standards set by GIS COE.
- Participates in Technology Governance committee meetings and leadership meetings.
- Develops relationship across IT partners and line of business clients.
- Promotes collaborations and communications with all stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Achieve results for the goals set and communicated by leaders.
- Minimum of B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in Information. Technology, Geo-Informatics, Geography, GIS, computer science or other relevant field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in querying, configuring, setting up geodatabases in traditional databases that include Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Geography, Information technology, Geo-Informatics or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 or more years of experience in hands-on application development.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in ESRI technology that includes ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Objects, ArcGIS runtime, ArcSDE and scripting.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Windows, Linux and Unix Operating system.
- Good proficiency in configuring Windows servers and database servers for ESRI software and ESRI licenses.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Utility GIS data and network models.
- Proficiency in ArcFM, Intrepid, Uptime and Dynamic Risk technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development Life cycle process and quality assurance practices for developing software applications.
- More than 7 years of experience in hands-on full stack application development
- Gas and Electric Utility business/domain knowledge.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; detail and process-oriented; able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing technical delivery of contractor teams.
- Experience in developing applications using Agile methodology.
- Mentoring and training experience of GIS technology teams in a larger organization.
- Experience in developing applications in AWS.
- Experience in deploying applications using CI/CD.