Senior GIS Programmer Analyst
Requisition ID # 90365
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
PG&E IT is a unified organization composed of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions. The Business Technology - GIS Center of Excellence (GIS COE) department has responsibility for maintaining and operating IT applications in GIS to support Gas, Electric and other lines of business, and the delivery of new IT products and solutions in support of their business goals and priorities.
The Programmer Analyst, Senior position in the GIS COE is responsible for hands on development, configuration, and deployment of GIS applications using primarily Esri technology. Guides both employee and contractor developer resources in delivering quality code for new products and enhancements to existing systems. Participates in design reviews, architecture reviews, and building of products and solutions for both internal users and PG&E customers. Participates in technology review meetings across GIS projects to ensure alignment to IT strategy, investments, components, structures, and processes defined by the leadership team. Builds and maintains relationships with Line of Business partners for delivery of the technology architecture and code components to fulfill their business needs. Contributes to the technology road map at GIS COE. Shares the responsibility for the technical delivery of products and solutions with a Project Manager or Scrum Master.
- Responsible for successful delivery of code components for multiple GIS projects.
- Responsible for technical delivery of major/minor enhancements.
- Assists Technology Principals/Managers in planning technical training for employees.
- Oversees compliance of contractor deliverables to GIS COE solution roadmap.
- Compliance to IT standards/regulations.
- Contributes and drives towards technology standards set by GIS COE.
- Participates in Technology Governance committee meetings and leadership meetings.
- Develops relationship across IT partners and line of business clients.
- Promotes collaborations and communications with all stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Achieve results for the goals set and communicated by leaders.
- Minimum of B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Geo-Informatics/GIS, Information Technology, Geography/GIS, or other relevant field required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of hands on GIS programming/development.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in querying, configuring, setting up geodatabases in traditional databases that including Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Geo-Informatics/GIS, Information Technology, Geography or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 or more years of experience in hands-on application development.
- Proficiency in configuration of ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online off-the-shelf solutions including use of Esri Field Apps, Web-based Apps including Web App Builder, Experience Builder and Operations Dashboard.
- Proficiency in configuring Windows servers and database servers for ESRI software and ESRI licenses.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Utility GIS data and network models.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development Life cycle process and quality assurance practices for developing software applications.
- Gas and Electric Utility business/domain knowledge.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; detail and process-oriented; able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in overseeing technical delivery of contractor teams.
- Mentoring and training experience of GIS technology teams in a larger organization.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Experience in deploying applications using Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience in developing applications in AWS.