Supervisor, Substation Civil Engineering - Location Flexible
Requisition ID # 104143
Job Category : Engineering / Science; Information Technology; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : West Sacramento; San Francisco; Santa Rosa
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Summary: This position will be directly responsible for leading a team of Civil Engineers, Design Engineers and Design drafter that provides support for civil engineering and construction for substation projects within the northern half of the service territory
• Leads a civil engineering team that provides support for substation projects throughout the designated service territory. Promotes accountability through recognition, coaching, training and development.
• Encourages teamwork, commitment, and quality work products, while following the ESC contract. Manages bargain unit employees.
• Promotes and ensures safety by conducting safety tailboards in group meetings, and encouraging employees to be safe at home or work or while driving by adhering to safety rules.
• Participates in key project meetings and provides technical expertise as needed.
• Forecasts work and matches with appropriate short and long term resource plan. Supports resource need for Environmental Services (SPCC) and Civil Standards development.
• Assigns individual and team projects to balance project requirements with resource availability. Tracks schedule and cost performance, and ensures delivery of high quality civil engineering products.
• Provides support and solicits feedback from other departments (Electrical Engineering, Maintenance, Construction, Operations, Project Management, etc.) regarding all civil aspects of the projects.
• Plans for internal civil workload and recommends workload to be contracted. Supports contract work through careful drawing control and design quality as required.
• Looks for and recommends process changes to improve civil design productivity, quality and customer focus. Supports related department initiatives.
• Stays abreast of applicable civil standards and requirements.
- A 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited curriculum in the US or equivalent from outside the US.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in civil engineering with some experience in electric substations.
- Licenses/Certification: current and active California PE license required.
- Knowledge of civil engineering practices, standards and implementation.
- Experience with supervision in civil project and design engineering
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Leadership and presentation skills
- Collaboration, influence and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Engineers and Scientists (ESC) Union Contract.
- Leadership skills in driving work progress and improving work processes