Senior Technical Training Instructor
Requisition ID # 123945
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: OPERATIONS
The PG&E Academy - Substation Training Team is a dynamic group that focuses on strategically aligning itself with Electric Operations Substation M&C toward a goal of creating the safest most reliable electric system in the industry. It is our job to increase employee safety and productivity by designing, developing, and delivering best in industry training and on the job support solutions. We are seeking team members who can thrive autonomously in a fast-paced and changing environment. To be successful you must, possess a passion for learning and innovation, be able to build strong internal and external relationships, be open to change, and have a strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement.
Prepares and delivers technical training, evaluates, and reports on student progress and success. Maintains subject matter expertise and industry knowledge and participates in curriculum design to deliver the best training possible. Conducts technical instruction, student evaluation & record keeping, and research & continuous improvement.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual hourly rate paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
The hourly rate for this position ranges from $56.73 to $90.38.
- Demonstrate all job responsibilities of a career instructor.
- Act as safety role model.
- Manage classroom environment including technology and/or behavioral issues.
- Effectively transfer knowledge as measured by survey results and supervisor observation.
- Consistently deliver instruction to achieve modular course objectives per facilitator guide.
- Deliver course curriculum to students and provide feedback to curriculum development team to improve training.
- Lead moderately complex training courses in technical discipline and facilitate them independently, effectively and credibly.
- Review course feedback and partner with curriculum development to implement change where needed.
- Share outcomes, observations, trends, gaps and student issues with employee leadership that contribute to the remediation plan.
- Adopt and integrate new work methods and procedures into training delivery methods.
- Promote a respectful and collaborative relationship with all stakeholders.
- Adjust delivery method to accommodate various learner styles.
- Proctor and administers exams per HR-7202S
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- Must obtain PG&E internal training certification requirement within 12 months of job start date
- 3 years of related job experience in respective trade (Substation/Generation)
- Mastery of skillset in which training will be delivered
- Completion of Electrician and/or Electrical Technician Apprenticeship
- College degree in engineering or technical discipline preferred
- Technical Training Certification
- 7 years’ experience in respective journey-level trade
- 3 years previous adult teaching experience
- Experience in developing training process
- Experience collaborating with committees
- Served at the Academy as rotational or guest instructor