Talent Programs for Students and Recent Graduates
PG&E has the vision of a sustainable energy future as our North Star with the commitment to meeting the challenge of climate change while providing affordable energy for all our customers. You can play an important role in making this vision a reality. When you join PG&E for the summer or for your career, you will have the opportunity to make a difference for over 16 million Californians every day. While at PG&E, you’ll learn about our mission, vision and our culture by delivering safe, reliable, and affordable energy.
Join PG&E for an exciting summer of challenging work to learn new skills, about the company and the utility industry.
Recent Graduate Rotation Development Programs
We have rotation development programs for Gas Operations, Electric Operations and Information Technology.
Summer Internships (visually hidden)
A summer internship with PG&E will provide you with real world- exposure to a dynamic and exciting business.
Internship opportunities are available for both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students.
Be ready to spend the summer at PG&E if you are:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university and will be returning to school in the Fall to continue your education towards a degree
- Someone with strong work ethic and demonstrates initiative
- Someone with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who works well in a team environment
- In good academic standing
Engineering and Information Technology Summer internship generally post and are filled in the Fall for the upcoming summer for Gas Operations and Information Technology.
Business and other majors are posted starting January through March with hiring decisions to be made shortly thereafter.
Learn more about other areas of opportunities here.
To get started, click on search jobs and then type “internship” in the search by keyword box.
- If a position is posted of interest, click the “apply now button and follow the steps
- If internship positions are not posted, refer to the application timelines section
- Establish job alerts to receive email notifications once positions are posted
Rotation Development Programs (visually hidden)
Recent graduates can participate in 12-18 month rotation development programs that includes 2-3 six-month rotations.
We currently have rotational tracks in Gas Operations, Electric Operations and Information Technology. Recruiting generally occurs in the fall but may go into the spring as needed
Engineer Rotation Development Program (ERDP) – Gas Operations
- 12-18 months in length and provides the opportunity to gain experience up to three departments.
- Seeking individuals who are graduating with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or recent graduates with a degree in these disciplines
Engineer Rotation Development Program (ERDP) – Electric Operations
- Program is 12-months in length and provides the opportunity to gain experience up to two departments within the service territory of Sacramento, Fresno or the Bay Area
- Seeking individuals who are graduating with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (an emphasis in Power Systems is desired), or recent graduates with a degree in this discipline.
Information Technology Rotation Development Program (ITRDP)
- 12-18 months in length with the opportunity to gain experience in up to three departments
- Seeking individuals who are graduating with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or recent graduates with a degree in these disciplines