Hiring Hall Overview
PG&E’s Hiring Hall Administration Team partners with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 and the Engineers & Scientists of California (ESC) Local 20 to fill temporary jobs at PG&E. Most of the positions filled through the Hiring Hall require a pre-employment test and/or resume. If a pre-employment test is required, you may need to be qualified prior to signing up with the union (applies only to IBEW).
Positions commonly filled through Hiring Hall include:
- IBEW Clerical: Operating Clerk, Utility Machine Operator, Service Representative
- IBEW Physical: Utility Worker, Materials Handler, Lineman
- ESC Technical: Mapping Technician, Field Engineer Technician, Engineering Estimator and New Business Representative
Hiring Hall Temporary Opportunities
Once you’ve passed PG&E’s pre-employment tests, you can request an application for temporary work with IBEW Local 1245. The same tests for Permanent Work with PG&E will qualify you for Temporary Work with the Hiring Hall. You may request an application by email. Please include your name, phone number and list which tests you have passed. Our application process is done electronically, so there’s no need to come into our office.Learn More
After you visit our site and fill out and return an application, you may be required to pass the necessary PG&E tests for that position (typically offered quarterly). Additional information is available by calling (510) 238-8320 and selecting option 1.Learn More
- To request a copy of your test qualification letter, contact PG&E’s HR Testing Department at email@example.com. Include your legal first and last name, phone number and last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- You cannot sign up for testing. Testing opportunities are offered on an as-needed basis. PG&E’s Hiring Hall Administration Team will work and communicate with the respective union to determine if there is a business need to invite applicants to test.
- PG&E’s Hiring Hall Administration Team cannot provide your placement status on the union’s list or tell you if you are close to being dispatched. Contact the respective union directly for this information.
- Hiring Hall employment does not guarantee regular status employment. You must apply as an external candidate to any position.
- Hiring Hall employees can stay onboard no longer than 12 months. Anything over 12 months requires approval by PG&E and by the respective union.
- Equipment Mechanic (IBEW) - Santa Cruz Santa Cruz, California
- Apprentice Telecommunications Technician (IBEW T200) - Santa Rosa Santa Rosa, California
- Apprentice Communication Tech - GC (IBEW T300) Monterey, California