Principal IT SAP Work Management Functional Analyst
Location: Oakland, California
Requisition ID # 148543-en_US
Our IT professionals are at the enterprise's core, leveraging modern technology to deliver safe and reliable energy to our customers. We use AI, the cloud, data science, and the latest tools and programming languages to solve hard, interesting problems and tackle challenges like the ever-growing threat of climate change, wildfires, and breaches of cyber security. Join us and experience the satisfaction of being a technology enabler for a company that leads the industry in innovation.
What makes a successful Team Member at PG&E? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
PG&E is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program to help you take care of your physical, emotional and financial health. In addition to the offerings below, you can expect inclusive programs in areas such as performance recognition, training and employee development, mentoring and more.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Sick Hours, Holidays, Family Leave
Employee Resource Groups
16 ERGs at the core of our DEIB culture that support employee development and foster business relationships
Leadership and Employee Development Courses, LinkedIn Learning, Mentoring Program and up to $8,000 for Tuition Reimbursement
Low-Cost Medical, Dental, Life/Accident/Disability Insurance and Free Vision
Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
Pre-tax employee-funded accounts that cover certain out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses
401(k) Matching up to 8% AND Cash Balance Pension (no Cost to you)
Requisition ID # 148543
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions. The SAP Electric Ops Work Management Delivery organization provides SAP IT services to Electric line of business. The organization is responsible for strategic technology planning, roadmap development, solution design, solution delivery and solution support.
The role of the Principal IT SAP Work Management Functional Analyst is to configure, implement, maintain, and upgrade SAP Enterprise Resources Planning Plant Maintenance and Project Systems application modules.
The Functional Analyst analyzes business requirements, creates functional design documents and performs ERP system configuration and customization to provide system solutions for the Line of Business and IT organizations. The principal FA is viewed as an integral strategic partner and business liaison in technology decisions and provides ongoing ERP system support. This includes analyzing business requirements and developing integrated IT and complex business solutions.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top half of the range described below, but the decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $129,000.00
Bay Area Maximum: $207,000.00
California Minimum: $123,000.00
California Maximum: $197,000.00
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
This new teammate needs to be able come to Pacific Gas and Electric Company's Oakland headquarters 3 days a week, since all project team is here in person Tuesday to Thursday.
Business Support and Consulting:
- Define standards and drive adaption in enterprise work management area and document and maintain standard for all use cases.
- Analyze end-to-end complex business processes and information needs of the across business functional areas and potentially external entities.
- Understand in detail the current and future business environment of the business organizations; effectively anticipate, identify, and fully meet the business needs using an integrated approach leveraging existing and new ERP capabilities.
- Identify, propose and influence IT solutions to complex cross- organizational business problems utilizing ERP capabilities; negotiate requirements and deliverables across multiple business and IT customers and organizations.
- Evaluate current customizations in the system to help business and IT partners understand risks and costs of customizing vs. using standard functionalities, advocating for using standard functionalities to lower future implementation cost and total cost of ownership (TCO) for solutions.
- Automate/optimize work management processes through a third-party enterprise resource planning system (e.g., SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle).
- Map business requirements to ERP system capabilities and configure ERP to meet requirements.
- Review design and technical specification documents for alignment with business solution.
- Perform complex configuration of ERP system and do quality review and testing activities.
- Responsible for application architecture design for large project or multi module and applications.
Additional Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level:
- Able to analyze and design solutions independently even on the most complex projects in SAP work management and plant maintenance module.
- Develop a community that drives standard business process in Enterprise work management.
- Demonstrates the highest level of expertise and is recognized as the most senior expert on business analysis methods and processes.
- Demonstrates mastery of ERP concepts, principles or practices in a multiple business areas and multiple ERP modules
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of industry best practices for ERP projects. This position also requires knowledge of business processes for all corresponding business functional areas and ERP modules.
- Coordinates business analysis efforts for multiple projects across different organizations.
- Directs and coaches other team members, guide Experts/Seniors to follow standard business processes and configuration.
- Maintains industry knowledge of ERP systems and understand future capabilities/roadmap of ERP system in work management and project system area.
- Demonstrates a high level of expertise in a few the following areas: testing, project management, related Lines of Business, development, SOX compliance, regulatory compliance, operational/disaster recovery, operations, maintenance, etc.
- 10 years of job-related experience in Information Technology
- 8 years of experience as a Functional Analyst in Enterprise Asset management and plant maintenance
- 8 years of experience implementing or supporting an ERP system (e.g., SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle)
- Extensive participation in projects of high complexity or simultaneous participation in multiple projects of medium to high complexity in a leading role
- Expert-level knowledge and working experience with multiple ERP modules and their dependencies.
- MA/MS in Computer Science/ Information Systems, Business, Engineering, etc. or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency and hands-on experience on SAP S4Hana, Plant Maintenance, EAM (enterprise asset management module), Intelligent Asset Manager, Oracle P6/Primavera, or similar tools such as Infor EAM, Maximo.
- Gas and / or Electric utility industry experience.
- Exposure to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or equivalent Agile methodology.
- Exposure to writing business requirements document, software specifications or preparing business process flows.
- Exposure to ERP design and development, especially in SAP either in college or in previous jobs.
Briana J. Threat Analyst, IT Cybersecurity
I’m offered interesting projects that expose me to all parts of the company. There’s an incredible depth of knowledge across our team; we have coworkers with varying backgrounds and experiences who are generous with their time in sharing what they know. I’m so proud to work with this hard-working, kind and innovative team.
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- IT Business Operations Analyst-ESC Oakland, California